Saturday, September 27, 2008

King Louis had the right idea...


So I've been doing a lot of thinking...


When I was in Paris this last summer I visited Versaille. I quickly fell in love with the ornate palace and the lush green gardens which seemed endless. I love that place.


But something troubled me. As I toured King Louis bedchamber I was reminded that nobles switched off dressing him in the morning and evenings. That it was this huge ordeal. "A great honor to take part in." I judged Lou for that. How could you let someone else dress you, even if you are king. That's weird. If you can take charge and lead a whole country, wouldn't you want to take charge and dress yourself.


I was very naive back in those days. Now that I've had time to reflect I realize that Lou had the right idea. I've been washing my face, brushing my teeth, dealing with contacts, toning, lotioning, shaving, and shaving, and shampooing sometimes several times a day for 22 years...a couple of those years I had a lot of help.. What I wouldn't give to pay someone to do that for me. People spend 38.5 total days brushing teeth over lifetime. That's just brushing your teeth. Not all the other good stuff. Lou had the right idea. He added days to his life by having other people taking care of the nitty gritty. The time I spend thinking about getting the plaque off is wasting my time to create.


I'm going to post an add on craigslist for a personal assistant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

i'll hire you on as my personal assistant.

the pay won't be great, but its worth it for the company.

first order of business: find me an outfit like unto Louis.

September 28, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh noelle. you make me laugh! How was Virginia? Are you back yet? it was SO good to see you for a few hours.

October 12, 2008 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Wendi said...

Hi Noelle,

I noticed that you've registered for two of our blogs now--which is making me feel loved. :) Hope I post something that's worth your time. If you ever feel like it, you should leave a comment. Thanks! :)

December 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home