Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hairy chests galore!

I'm in Madrid, Spain now!
It has been a rough couple of days. We had 2 flights in 2 days! Or was it 3? I can't even remember anymore. We're just on the go a lot and it finally caught up with me. It took me a whole month to get america sick, but it's official. I'm America sick. I miss watching movies and eating a salad. I saw a package that looked like poptarts and I'm embarrassed how excited I got. What's more embarrassing is how disappointed I got when I realized it wasn't a poptart.

Beside that whole business I'm not ready to come home. I'm having SO much fun! We went to a modern Museum today and I fell in love with Monet's "Charing Cross Bridge"

I loved Barcelona. We were only there for a day, but we really made that day count. We were out all day looking at Museums, which I loved, and Gaudi architecture (I have mixed feelings about it. You'll see why, it looks like Candyland Architecture). We went to Gaudi park, which served as a runway for the wonderful America's Next Top Model. I find solace in standing in the place where Tyra Banks and the gorgeous Nigel Barker have stood. The park had a beautiful view of the city. I even got to play a rock game with a little Italian boy. It was fun and he was so excited when he saw that I was playing his game with him. After that we went on a stroll off of the Liceu metro stop and walked to the pier (gay men galore at the pier) where Ricky got stuck hanging on a pole under the pier (over the water). She realized too late that she would have to do a pull up to get back onto the pier without falling in the water. We all had to grab a limb and pull her up. It was highly entertaining. Ricky's histerical.

Oh yeah. How could I forget to write about my Ipod incident. So I went running and I was stretching on my balcony 8 stories up when my Ipod toppled to the ground. I think it bounced off the building a couple times on its descent. I stood there in awe for a second not knowing if i should stand their and wait or run down and get it. Before I oculd make that decision some old lady had picked it up. I yelled "hey!!!" She kept walking. I yelled again and she looked around. I yelled again and she looked up. I motioned for her to go into the hotel and she kept walking. grrrrr. I was getting so annoyed. Finally it looking like she was going into the hotel but then she came out from under the ledge in too short of a time to have given it to the receptionist. I ran to the elevator and asked the recetionist for my ipod. No dice. I ran out of the hotel looking for someone with grey hair. A lot of people had grey hair though. I found myself giving the stink eye to every old lady! I gave up and headed for the hotel. All the sudden a waitor was waiving at me and there I saw it. My Ipod. On the tray. It turns out that the waitor saw me waiving from above and took my ipod for me. The lady was going to steal it. I turned it on and it was broken. I walked into the hotel defeated and just as I was telling the receptionest that I would rather have had my ipod stolen then it be broken, it turned on!

Well this is a really long post so I'll leave it at that.

ps. Spaniards are the most beautiful men.

Psst..If anyone's reading this say something because I don't want to keep posting if noone's reading.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I SAVOR EVERY WORD

May 29, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

I love your blog. I love Nigel as well too. :)

May 30, 2008 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Nice way to get comments. I think I should do the same. Awesome that you are at the Madrid temple today!

May 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Joneel said...

YAH, I like comments on my blog too
hint hint. And yes indeed I also read every word.

May 31, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Noelle wow...I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat with your i pod story...wow...what a miracle!

I miss you so much....Hate how much I love you came on the radio during my continental breakfast in Venice and I was like, wow, I could sure use Noelle right now. All the people in my s abroad group is nuts.

I heart you. Keep having a blast! Let me know if you make your way up to Vienna anytime :)

June 1, 2008 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger basquegirl said...

Are you kidding Noelle? Craig and I check everyday to see your crazy adventures! Go somewhere Basque!!

June 2, 2008 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

so I cant be the only one not leaving a comment. I figured you were getting enough comments from other people, but what kind of best friend would I be if I didn't leave a comment and let you know that I read your blog. I am excited for the day when you can tell me these stories in person though. I miss the heck out of you and love you to death. LIVE IT UP!

June 3, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home