Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Le Jour des Loaves in Paris!

This post is dedicated to my loaf day home girls Cind and Meg and those of you who love to eat delicious loaves of bread.



For those of you who are wondering what loaf day is, you're in for a real treat. It all started one glorious day when Meg, Cind and I were talking very loudly in the library. I had a pang of hunger and instantly thought of the loaves at "Suger and Spice" in the cougar eat. (which I know has been frequented by none other than Nicole Donnelly in her days at BYU) From that day forward Tuesdays have been dubbed "Loaf Day."




While I was in Europe I was parted from Meg and Cind which was so sad. One day in the midst of my longing to see friends and family, Cind and I collaborated and decided that we would have to do a loaf day apart. Meg in Vienna. Cind in Provo (home of the original loaves). Me in Paris.


Cind gave me strict instructions so go to Lagay Chocolatier. I went to the address and it had been replaced by another chocolatier. So I took a sad picture there and bought my loaf.

Lagay is the one on the right.

Nicole told me about this wonderful park. Victor Hugo lived here. Historical tidbit that I learned from my bike tour man -Hugo wrote wonderful stories such as the Notre Dame and Les Miserable. The Notre Dame story saved the cathedral from destruction. It was beat up and misused really bad during the revolutions and people wanted to demolish it. The book made the building popular again and they fixed it up.


ANYWAYS back to my story. I sat in the park...


I enjoyed my almond and honey loaf... avec une peu de fromage....


And thought about how wonderful life is.




Loaf day was the perfect ending to my stay in Paris.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

one word: LOVE
two words: legay choc
three words: loaves for life
four words: we rock the loaf
five words: could we be any cooler?

June 25, 2008 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

LOAVES FOR LIFE!! Ok, I actually laughed out loud at the pic of you devouring your loaf.

Can we do a loaf day tomorrow, Tuesday? It sounds so good right now!!

June 30, 2008 at 5:01 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Um, I have decided to start officially reading and commenting on your blog. Your picture story was breath-taking and nostalgic. Thank you.

July 12, 2008 at 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home