Thursday, May 22, 2008

Picture gallery

This is a fountain at San Carlo Alle Quattro Fontaine in Rome. I took a picture because part of me is left behind here. This is really gross but lets just say that I sneezed and got an unexpected surprise and the group was leaving me and I didn't know where to put the "surprise" so I had to wipe it on one of those columns as I went to catch up..
These are the Italian men we met when we were hanging out on the Spanish steps in Rome. They bought us roses. Franchesco bought me a bracelet. So romantic.
Waiting to get to the top of St. Peter's Dome.
Our last night with Giolitti's. YUM! I miss it.
Me pointing at Vatican City.
Venice at night.
A dead bird we found in S. Marcos Piazza. Just in case you weren't paying attention. It still boggles my mind how it died.
I'm touching the Duomo in Florence
The view from the most romantic spot in Florence.


Florence.

Hehehe...it says commando point


But I wasn't commando at that point. What a shame.




This is Capri! It's an Island off the coast of Sorrento, Italy. We took this picture on our hike to the top. It was a LONG hike, but totally worth the view.





I took this picture in the Museum elevator in Florence. I think it was the nicest elevator in Europe. I love this picture. It's trippy.
Getting some Italian action on a bridge in Florence.
This is us in Venice



I've been having so much fun that I haven't really missed anything American until the other day. Me and Natalie were sick of our hair being curly, so we finally straightened it. I feel like me again. I'm still a little sick of the same 10 shirts but at least I can run my fingers through my hair.


So I was doing a little thinking and I realized that I haven't really talked about the art that I love here. Here is my list of favorites:

*Anything by Bernini (especially at the Borghese museum)


*Michelangelo's Pieta

*The Pantheon

*Zeus's Temple

*Saint Costanza church (mostly because it named after George from seinfeld)

*Vatican City


*Colluseum


*Sistine Chapel


*Saint Marcos


*Michelangelo's David


...I'll add to the list when I think of more.


We're in Venice now! I love it here. It competes with Rome as being my favorite. It is so strange to think that I'm walking around on little islands connected by bridges and that the foundation of the city is on mud. It is beautiful.



The last night of Florence we hiked to the top of a hill across the river at night. It was SOO beautiful, as you can see by the pictures. I loved it. I'm coming here with my husband one day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

OMG Noelle. Isn't Italy just about your fav place in the world? So sad the days didn't match up but it looks like u had some serious fun with the girls!!

June 7, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home