Tuesday, June 10, 2008

London Bridges Falling Down?

In a surge of homesickness i had to buy mcdonalds. even though i never eat it. it was SO good!
madrid temple. my home away from home.
Frolicking in the grass at versaille
I love brains
The bathroom at the top of the eiffel tower

I'm in London now! As much as I love being able to understand the conversations that are going on around me, I kind of miss relying on my high school French classes while eavesdropping in Paris. Last night we went on a bike tour around Paris (thanks Nicole for nudging me in the right direction) it was SO much fun!!We road beach cruisers to Notre Dame, Invalides, the Louvre courtyard and a lot more during sunset. It was so beautiful. Then we went on a boat ride down the Seine and saw all the buildings lit up at night. All the younger crowd hang out right on the edge of the river and you can see crowds gathered dancing in little amphitheaters. Very cool. We got done around 12 and the last train out to our hotel left at 1208 so we pretty much sprinted to the metro station. We got there at 1207. Lucky for us the train didn't come till 1214 so we got to take a breather.

So today I went off on my own again and wandered to Hyde park, which is a british central park, and I went to Buckingham Palace. It's a nice place. I'd still rather live in Versaille though.

Then I went to one of those cute red telephone booths and called Michelle, which made me really happy...until the sun created a lethal hotbox in the booth and the smell of urine started to rise up from somewhere. I don't know.

So I thought I'd post my checklist for europe so you can see my progress:

1. See the sunset on a hill in Florence. CHECK
2. See the city lights on the river in Florence CHECK
3. Buy sandals CHECK
4. Buy High heels...Antonio, my hott italian lover supposedly sent me some from Rome. That counts... CHECK
5. Leather Jacket CHECK
6. Knock off purse CHECK
7. Dress from Paris CHECK
8. People watch on the Champs Elysee...only for a few minutes...but i did at the eiffel tower. that counts...CHECK
9. Loaf Day. CHECK...nothing better than a french loaf
10. Go Clubbing
11. Go to the top of the eiffel tower CHECK. Went to the bathroom and sent some postcards up there too
12. See a broadway
13. Kiss a man -that one's still questionable. My italian love Alex pulled me into a corner and bit my ear before I knew what was going on. That was a lot more than I bargained for.
14. Bike around Paris
15. Stonehenge
16. Buy a good book CHECK - I was walking down the streets of Paris and I glanced over at a book stand and saw the book Fart Proudly by Benjamin Franklin. It was the most spontaneous purchase I ever made. There was no doubt whether or not I wanted to book. It help that it was only 3 euros.
17. Eiffel tower keychain CHECK
18. Gondola ride CHECK
19. Get lost in Venice CHECK...got lost a lot of other places too.

Loaf day blog will follow when I have pictures don't worry loaf girls.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

That has to be the McDonalds at Champs-Elysees. We didn't eat there but took pictures of the pastries. Definitely the fanciest one we've ever been too!

June 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Joneel said...

Oh man, those fries even looked good to me, and I can have them whenever I want. I don't, but I could. = ) Fun pics. It was nice to say hello today

June 10, 2008 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

noelle.
you rock my world.
-cindy

June 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Cosmo said...

What the crap? You go to Spain and all we get is ONE picture of the Madrid temple? Don't you know Spain deserves more, Noelle? Don't you know that there are minions of old farts (not the Ben Franklin kind) with kids who can't go to Spain anymore who are living vicariously through you? You owe us! You OWE US!

Um...yes. Te tengo celos. It totally shows, doesn't it?

June 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

oh Noelle! Looks like you are having a blast...I am so sad that I do not get to go to Paris...WAHHHHH....Enjoy it for me! and England!

and i totally relate...mcdonalds and burger king have never taste so good to me!

June 20, 2008 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Spencer said...

noelle......who is the dame by the dames bathroom? hook a brotha up!! cuz im your brotha! lol.

June 27, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Spencer said...

p.s. i lost the ability to do cartwheels years ago. you girls make me so proud.

June 27, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home