Saturday, May 1, 2010

You'd Think I Didn't Have Anything to Blog About...

So since my last blog I:

Got engaged:


Got Married in the LA Temple:


Went to Jamaica:

We went on a Zip line tour which was awesome because:
1)We got to wear this hard core get up

2) Our tour guides were these guys and they were the funiest people on the planet.
3) And we got to 4 wheel up the mountain in this baby - a couple of times the hill was so steep I was sure the thing would roll over, but not to worry these guys were hanging off the back of it like it was no big deal talking about all the weed that's in this forest and singing "One Love" by Bob Marley.

When we showed up at our resort they knew we were on our honeymoon so they upgraded our suite to an oceanfront suite. Well, we discovered the downside of this when="" we looked to the horizon from our window and tainting it was a nudy beach. I don't know if you've seen the Seinfeld episode about good naked and bad naked. Jerry was dating a girl who walked around the apartment naked and he thought it was kinda cool until he sees her do some daily activities like straining to open the pickle jar and decides that people need to wear cloths. I think this episode reinforces the grossness of nude beaches. Nude, old, hairy people laying around in the heat conversing with one another as if they had clothes on. This makes no sense to me.

This leads me to another story from the trip. We ate dinner at different restaurants and it always seemed that the same group was there. In this group was a really loud guy. Well one night one o
f the ladies leaned over to me and says (for simplification purposes we'll call the loud guy in the group loud guy) "Loud guy invited me to hang out with him and his wife on the nude beach tomorrow. " How do you carry a normal conversation with people who are naked? He said " if I felt uncomfortable he would put on his speedo." It didn't seem to me that that last comment made her feel any better about the siutation. So it turns out that Loud Guy was a nudist by day and a loud talker that wore clothes at night and tried to convert people over to his lifestyle.




The French restaurant at the resort required jackets, which they provided. Well I got really cold in there, which is a normal occurrence for me. Naturally Mark did the gentlemanly thing to do and gave me his jacket. It wasn't 3 minutes later when the manager came out with this Miami Vice Jacket for Mark to wear. I guess I couldn't wear his jacket vicariously for him. But He got to wear this sweet jacket.





...No biggie...

And some other fun stuff:
The first Bee's game of the season:
This picture was taken before "the surgeon" sat behind us, tapped on our shoulder and asked Mark to be sure to catch any foul balls because his hand were his livelihood. Okay well he didn't actually say his hands were his livelihood. But that's what he sounded like. The surgeon definitely wanted us to know his occupation.

The Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point is surprisingly cool. These little girls are our neices and they are so adorable!

Mark helped them build a dinosaur habitat.



And I plan on keeping this blog up... I just need serious help with making it look pretty...

Pictures of my little apartment to follow... it's too messy right now to take pictures that I want to publish..

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I just want you to know that I still follow your blog and am so glad you posted! Honeymoon looks like it was a blast, and eventful...but what trip with Noelle wouldn't have those kind of adventures. Haha. Can't wait to see the apartment.

May 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger emilymakin said...

YAY!!! You are blogging again, I am so so excited. Love all the cute pictures!

May 4, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have no idea the excitement I felt when I saw that you had a new blog post. Guess you finally found time with your hubby in Cali for a week. LOVE the pictures...keep it up!

May 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I too was happy to see your feed in bold and updated!! You just may have to merge it with another so it will tell of Mark too. Fun pictures and the stories are better :)

May 5, 2010 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger f said...

She doesn't want to tell of me!

May 11, 2010 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

I found cute backgrounds for blogs at shabbyblogs.com! Hope you can find one to make your page pretty! I want to hear all about your life. :)

May 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

awww noelle i love u. glad you are back

June 6, 2010 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

noelle. please update again. i want to see more pictures of your face.

July 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger Andy and Melissa said...

So glad you updated.... miss you.

October 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home